Please be aware that there is a crossing guard on duty before school at Vallejo and 22nd Street. Please walk with your children to assure that they are getting to school safely.
Drop-offs should be made no earlier than 7:55 a.m.
- Please pull up as far as possible along the curb to keep traffic flowing.
- Have your child ready to exit next to the curb. Please give your hugs before getting in the car and coming to school.
- Please remember that if you are in the drop-off line, you must remain in the car at all times. This area has a RED CURB and is not to be used as a parking space.
- The BLUE HANDICAP CROSSWALK in front of the office is not a regular crosswalk.
You may PARK in a DESIGNATED PARKING SPACE in the EAST parking lot and then walk your child to the front gate. If you choose to do this, be sure you are not blocking the busses or other cars.
- If you choose to park and use this parking lot, please accompany your child at all times.
- The DROP-OFF AREA in the FRONT parking lot is for BUSSES ONLY! Please drop off/pick up your children in the east lot which is reserved for vehicles.
Please DO NOT drop your child off on the curb in front of the school. If you do this it means they would have to cross in front of cars to reach the steps.
- Transitional-kindergarten and Kindergarten students will exit from the Kindergarten gate.
- BUS RIDERS will exit from the front gate and line up to wait for their bus in front of the school.
- Students walking home to the west will exit from the front gate and walk on the sidewalk.
- Students walking to the east will exit from the east ramp gate and walk along the sidewalk. Students will wait to cross the street/driveway by the teacher on duty.
- Please DO NOT MAKE A LEFT TURN from 22nd Street into the parent drop-off at dismissal. Please approach the school from the east and take your turn in line. Maneuvering around cars in line is not permitted.
General Safety Reminders
- U-turns and left turns out of both parking lots are PROHIBITED.
- Drive at a safe speed, 25-mph on the street when children are present and 5-mph in the driveway and parking lots.
- DO NOT drop your student in the street and ask your child to walk across the street. This is both dangerous and illegal!
- REMINDER: Dogs (regardless of size or personality) are not allowed on campus.
- And last but not least, please be patient in our parking lots! When over 600 students arrive or leave, it will take some time and cooperation. If everyone follows the above guidelines, the drop-off and pick-up process will run more smoothly, and more importantly, our students will be safe.